5.20.2011

Yup. No Magic Pill.

Well, I decided to stop my "fad" carnivore diet. Why? Well, I ate a normal meal a couple of days ago - with a normal amount of carbs - and you'll never guess what happened.

Oh. You CAN guess what happened? Almost six pounds came storming back? Yeah?

Yeah.

One meal, 5.4 pounds back on. That took me from 302.2 to 307.6 overnight. Since then, I've gone back to the basics - smaller amounts of better foods, including complex carbs. I'm hovering back at 306, which I'm not thrilled with, but it's better than seeing a 314+ like I saw two weeks ago.

So, here's the general idea of what I'm planning to eat:

Lean meats.
Whole grains.
Fruits.
Veggies.
Low-fat cheeses.
Almonds, and healthy nuts.
Beans.
Low-fat milk.
Eggs.

I got the list straight from the Men's Health Abs Diet plan. I followed it near-perfectly when I dropped 96, so I'm going to go back to it, now. Go with what you know works, right?

On the activity front, I still haven't done a thing. I've been fighting off a cough for almost two weeks, and it's been kicking my butt. Still, I'm hoping to spend a lot of time this weekend getting outside and moving. Hikes, frisbee, tossing a football...I'll take any of it at this point.

Later, all...

No comments: