10.24.2006

Challenge Number One

Well, I said I'd pst about my challenges as they came, I just didn't expect such a major one in my first day.

Challenge #1?

Time.

I thought I'd have it taken care of. I knew it would be tough with a newborn and my wife going back to work. Of course, the newborn was up until 3 off and on two nights ago, so my 6 A.M. workout was out of the question. So, go at night, right? I waited until 8 P.M. to head over, assuming the crowd would have thinned out. Not so much. I opened the door to find a dozen or so fit, toned teenagers working out and dancing to their music.

Maybe it was a pride thing, but I wasn't about to sit there and put my flab and weakness on display for them all to see. So, I walked back home.

Not a problem, I'll just go tomorrow!

Nope.

Newborn - again - up all night.

So, I'll try it again tonight, hoping for the best.

In the mean time, I did follow my "diet" to the "T". I actually ended up about 330 calories below where I should have ended for the day.

It's just one day, but it's kind of depressing. Hopefully I'll get my hour in tonight, and I'll feel a little better.

No comments: