11.05.2006

Failure

OK, so the first two weeks or so of this program haven't gone well.

My diet hasn't changed, and I've had no time to get to the gym. Working 25-30 hours from home while raising two kids (one of which needs CONSTANT attention), has been wearing me out. I'd essentially already given up.

Why bother?

Then I talked to my dad.

He's getting remarried in February - just over two years after my mom passed away. I've never met his new fiance', but she seems great. If my dad is marrying her, she must be. Well, it was made known to me that, at the wedding, each individual family will be having portraits taken. So "Mr. I don't like to have my picture taken" is going to HAVE to have his picture taken in roughly 15 weeks.

It should also be mentioned that I don't own a suit (not even a dress shirt) that fits the super-sized frame. And we're not really in the position to go buy the 46 yards of fabric that it'll take to make a suit to fit me, either.

So, that leaves me with only one solution:

Get serious.

As of today, Sunday the fifth of November, it all changes. The diet, the laziness, the determintation level - everything. I've asked my brother (who is in MUCH better shape than I am, but who has still mentioned the desire to shape up a little) to commit to three nights each week as my workout partner, knowing it's much easier for me to do this with somebody there with me. If he can't or won't do it, it'll be up to me to push myself.

My new goals - to be completed by February 11, 2007:

Lose 60 pounds
Run 1.5 miles with no breaks
Increase bench by 30% of current

And here's a lesson learned. Had I just manned up and started this thing when I said I was going to, I'd likely already be well on my way to meeting these goals. But, because of my laziness and excuses, I'm two weeks behind.

Thanksgiving and Christmas feasts should be interesting.

No comments: