11.28.2006

Where There's a Will...

Hey, anybody have a will I can borrow?

Here's some revealing information about the K-Dog: I can't say no to crap food.

It's impossible. Cookie? Sure. Peanut Butter Cup? Two, please. Medium grilled chicken pizza? Yep, I'll eat it all, thanks.

Yes, I ate an entire medium pizza last night.

The good news, if there is any to be found, is that I still came in at a defecit of roughly 500 calories, meaning I didn't ADD any weight. But even so, I felt horrible last night. I was riddled with guilt. I did great for roughly two weeks, then I let sickness and family stress derail me for a few days. Now I'm finding it tough to get back where I need to be.

Today is going to be tough. I'm aiming for a max of 1,750 calories to make up for yesterday. Zone bars, peanut butter, and whole wheat bread will be the order of the day.

Note to wife: Apples, Oranges, Grapes and Carrots. All should be on our next shopping list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin, don't push yourself too hard and risk injury or illness to make up for a day. Just get back on track and stick to a plan. That will serve you better in the long run.

Rob Tucker said...

There's nothing wrong with a bad day. Consider yesterday your day in the pits, and you've got 87 laps left in this race.

The reason the weight got out of control in the first place wasn't the one pizza. It wasn't even a bad day full of sweets and fats.

It was months, and years, that led to the top of the mountain. Making your way down that mountain's going to take time, too.

Just watch the pizzas, you're making me hungry ;)