11.29.2006

1,750? No Problem.

So, to get my sorry butt back on track yesterday, I aimed to eat no more than 1,750 calories.

How did I do?

How does 1,588 sound?

Damn right it sounds great.

So, explain to me why my scale says I'm back up FOUR FREAKING POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping it's just the crappy bathroom scale we paid $20 for being off. I mean, there is no way I've eaten that much over the last five days to put my weight back up there. I've been back under my maintenance level for the last four days, so there's no chance I've put weight on that way.

Unless the mega amounts of push-ups have already started building some more muscle - which I doubt after only two weeks - then I have no clue.

I'm aiming for 2,000 calories today. Shouldn't be a problem.

5 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

This is why I'm only weighing myself once a week. This stuff is tough, and your body may fluxuate a lot like mine does.

Try to make your weigh-ins consistant. I mean, at the same time of day, same time of week.. to help accomodate for these changes.

This is a time where you really need to focus in. Remember that feeling you had in your stomach when you saw it go up four pounds?

Take that energy, and turn it positve. Go walk, go bike, go do something. You have to be proactive. Hang in there, Kev.

Rob Tucker said...

You know, I just talked to my trainer at Ballys last night about the whole calorie thing, and now that I look at it, aiming for low cal is good, but you can't go extreme.

He said that someone our size shouldn't go anywhere under 2000 cal a day, and should be between 2000-2500. Once you start going consistantly below that number, your body starts to horde your fat on your body, because it goes into starvation mode.

That might be what is happening. Try to stick between 2000-2500, and start walking more. It's all about balancing the time. Hang in there, Kev. We'll get there.

Kevin A. said...

I usually keep my intake between 170 and 2250. I only dipped down to make up for the atrocious pizza night I had. Still probably not the healthiest thing in the world, but I felt like I had to make up for it.

Kevin A. said...

*1750 and 2250

Rob Tucker said...

I can COMPLETELY understand the 'making up for it' thing. Right there with you on that. Just remember.. steady through. You'll get there.