6.17.2010

Aging like a Fine Whine

So the frisbee thing was going well. We'd toss it, drop to do a quick push-up, hop up, and chase down the frisbee. After 5 or 6 tosses each way, it started getting tiring. Unlickily for us, we were playing on a wet patch of grass.

Long story short, as I chased down an errant frisbee toss, I went to plant my right leg, which slid out in front of me. My left leg bent back behind me, and my foot hit the back of my shoulder, twisting my knee up. I came out of it ok - I think I strained my right hammy, and I twisted my left knee.

Just a reminder that I'm not as young as I used to be, I guess.

The good news is that my weight continues to drop. Here's the update:

Starting: 308.2 on June 7, 2010
Current: 303.6 on June 17, 2010
Total weight lost: 4.6 pounds
Pounds per day average: .46 pounds lost


I can deal with that. If I can maintain a .4 pounds per day average, I'll drop a total of 18 more pounds by my July fundraising event.

As for today, it's a birthday cheat day - dinner and cake. I'll try to keep the damages minimal, but don't count on it. :)

Peace out!

2 comments:

Geoff said...

Happy birthday! Have your cake, but don't let it take you off the path you're on. And make sure to stretch and ice that hamstring and knee, active recovery is where it's at. Keep up the good work man.

Ripx180 said...

sorry to hear about the injury, hopefully its not too serious. Happy b-day and enjoy your day but keep your eye on the prize. Looks like your making a good start.