12.21.2007

Bench Pressing Earth

Lots going on around here, so not a ton of time, but I just wanted to let everybody know that I've gone back to my old school push up program in an effort to get back on track. I started last night, and instantly noticed the loss of strength and muscle endurance I've had over the last two months.

My thought here is to go with what works, and doing the sets of push ups scattered through the day, then adding in walks, runs, etc. worked wonders for me.

For those not aware, I simply do a set of push ups, go about my day, do another set, take care of the kids, do another set - until I end up doing roughly 100 - 150 or so push ups over the course of a day.

This is how I started my whole thing back a year ago, and I lost a lot of weight, and gained noticeable muscle doing it. I feel the need to go back to square one right now, so I am. For better or worse.

Here's to finishing this awful year strong.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

what happened to the routine from men's health that you were going to do? just curious - you seemed excited about it. a football player associate of mine called sit ups & push ups 'keeping it basic'. If it works for you, nothing to do but work it.