1.01.2008

Thank God the Holidays are OVA!

Man, that sucked. No will-power. No limits. No success. I failed this 4-week period BADLY. I haven't weighed myself this morning, and I may not, but the last time I weighed in I was 277.4. Not pretty. I won't bore you with all of the details, and sum it up by saying I was lazy and I ate too much.

But that's done, now. If you look at the images, you'll see the two presents I got from Becky this year (among others, of course). It's a Sparq Training Agility Ladder, and a Sparq Training Resistance Schute. I had no pants, and it's cold in Denver these days (plus there is still a good 6" of snow on the ground), but it's warming up, and I also received a killer Under Armour hoodie, and an Under Armour head and face mask for outdoor training.

Further, we're being flown in by our new bosses to discuss the new project(s) we'll be working on for them, and Beck and I have decided we need to be slimmer than we were when we met with him in early December. So, we'll each be working toward the goal of taking 10 pounds off of our current weights before we fly in to Detroit.

So, now I just need to get it done. I'm sick and embarassed about my eating and workout behavior over the last few weeks. I know better, and I expect more out of myself. This funk has just been tough to pull out of, and I'm not sure why. I honestly just have not cared, and that worries me.

So now I need to push myself. Likely harder than I've pushed myself so far in this process. And I have two great new tools to use. Running my sprints should be fun, and by fun I mean painful. But hard work is the only way I'm going to get where I want to be. And I'll be working strength into the routine, as well. That ladder? Hand walk from right to left, one hand in each rung, then walk back, push up in each rung. I'm sure I'll think of other painful things to do for strength with that ladder as I go along.

Anyway, I'm back. Again. Not to get too Biblical on you, but Proverbs says (and I paraphrase) that a just man falls seven times, and rises up again a seventh. I'm on four or five, so I ain't don, yet. And I don't plan on being done until I get where I want to be.

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

What can I say? We've got a lot of ground to make up, and a lot to learn. Not much to say about it, and lecturing does us no good.

Let's just get back at it, right? When you get into town permanently, we'll get together for some sports of some type.

Dave said...

Welcome back!!

And each time you start thinking about not caring anymore, remember why you started this (your wife and family)