1.14.2008

Oh, Good.

I was worried I may have reason to be PISSED this morning, but I see that my weight went up another FULL POUND, so all is well.

280.6.

I mean, heaven forbid I have six perfect days, and I PUT ON almost FOUR POUNDS.

Water was up, carbs were in range, went for a 3-mile walk in the morning, at 100% clean - add a pound.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but I'm sick of it.

I've been eating under 2,000 calories for the last four days, so I'm thinking I should bump it up to 2,200 for a couple days, keep the water levels up, and keep active. If I don't see some movement in the right direction soon, I might just lose it.

If weight loss is the best motivation for weight loss, then weight gain when doing everything right is the best fuel for quitting.

I'm frustrated beyond what my words can get across right now. I'm angry.

3 comments:

billy said...

that blows. you know you're doing the right things, so keep doing them. You aren't gaining fat, you're most likely losing fat, it's just some other BS that's going on with your body right now. Don't let it F you up!

Rob Tucker said...

I went through this before - it pisses you off like nothing else. A few things to keep in mind. If you're working out, you're retaining the water in the muscles. Those pound are due to come off.

Also, no one ever got fat by eating right and exercising the right way. There's no way to say that this doesn't SUCK ASS BIGTIME, but you and I both know that the short term loses out to long term every time.

As Billy said, just keep going. Fate has a funny way of F'in with us.

Kevin A. said...

I understand all you guys are saying, but after struggling for so long, then killing myself to get back under 280, only to jump back up OVER 280 for no reason...

It's killer.

I'll just give it some time and see what happens.