2.15.2008

Needing Something

Stuck in a funk. Drive is non-existent. Willpower is at a minimum. The new work/moving/family/life dynamic is taking time to adjust to - different wings of my family are falling apart for various reasons, including an unlce who was just informed he has cancer through his entire body, and doesn't have long. Finances are a HUGE issue right now, too.

No need to go into too much detail, but we'll just say that Beck and I both often miss the single, or at least kidless days. I wouldn't trade my life for the word right now, but if all I had to worry about was going to work and hitting the gym, I wouldn't have a huge problem with that.

Having a wife, two kids, incrdible stress, moving across country in a week, taking on a new job...it makes it tough these days. I feel tired. I feel drained. The bronchitis didn't help. I'm still not 100%. The oldest child's strep was tough, too. Being sick and taking care of a kid who is sick is a lot of work.

And as much as these things sound like excuses, the truth is that they are true and legit road blocks right now. It's been six years of having to deal with multiple major issues at once, and I think it's wearing on me a little bit. I just need some of these things off of my plate. I don't feel like I have the energy to be spread so thin right now.

As soon as I can, I'll join the Rec Center in Troy, and I'll play basketball three nights a week, and hit the weights three nights a week. It was the same formula I used in college to go from 297 to 239 in under six months.

But, that won't happen for several weeks. So, it's on me to find a way to drag my butt out of this. It's a major struggle right now.

On another note, I think watching this movie would be motivating as hell.

http://www.neverbackdownthemovie.com/

Karate Kid meets UFC meets Rocky.

1 comment:

Rob Tucker said...

I don't have kids or a sick family or any of that, yet I feel the same way you do. I'm doing "OK", but not "GOOD".

It'll be good to get you to the Community Center - we'll hit the courts together. In the meantime, just try not to screw yourself over. You can't control a lot in your life, but you CAN control what you put into your mouth. Hang tight, my friend.