2.17.2008

Reset

I hit the button today. Had to.

Starting today, I'm back at full strength.

Beck and I were talking last night, and we discussed how it'd be almost impossible to lose weight in our current situation. Maybe, but I know of a guy who weighed about 360 pounds, and had no gym, no friends, no hoops or football leagues - nothing. So he did push ups and ate better. He went on weather-appropriate walks. He did the best he could with what he had. And he lost 90 pounds.

It can be done, you just have to make it happen.

I need to make it happen again.

So, we're back at it. Hitting the heavy bag, minor plyometrics in the basement, dumbbell workouts, clean eating - results will have no choice but to follow.

To anybody in Michigan - I say we start a flag football team for the spring. We start practicing now, and we find some other people to play with as it gets warmer. If you're up for it, and have friends who may want to join, let me know.

So, here's yet another "Day One."

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

You know I'm down for flag football, for sure. Just let me know when and where.

As for the reset button, I think it's a good idea. But let's think more about the part I think you and I never figured out - the eating.

Get some good workouts in, that'll definitely help, but what can you and I do to get the food down pat? We both know that it's our crutch, and the main part of this. Let's do it right this time (both of us).

billy said...

I tried to leave a comment on Beck's blog but I don't think it went through so I'll leave it here.

I always am hearing you guys worrying about working out, access to gyms, etc. But the truth of the matter is that 90% of this is diet! If you can get all that dialed in really well, you could lose weight without exercising at all. Maybe that's less than ideal, but it's better than nothing. And it sure beats gaining.

Whatever you do, don't tie in your success to whether or not you can workout on a regular basis. Believe me, just cut the food and the carbs and eat clean. Cut the calories. You'll accomplish more than you might think!

Rebecca said...

I agree with Billy, but I really wanted to say that it's never too late for another Day 1. I think what wins the race is the refusal to quit.