5.11.2010

The Mental Game

What a great first week I had!

And what a way to ruin it.

My mind isn't in this - not at all. I do great with my diet for a week, then I make a bad choice that sends me on a downward spiral. I didn't even bother weighing in this morning, but I have no doubt that I'm, at least, back up to my starting point from last Monday.

I don't know what the issue is. I love to eat, especially when it's junk or sweets. But I get into these phases where I just lose all self-control. I'm just not as mentally strong as I was when I dropped my 96. Back then, even cheat days were kept in check. Now, a cheat day turns into a cheat weekend.

I need to get out of this. I need to break the cycle. My body is willing, but my mind isn't. And, at this point, I'm not really sure how to get it there.

Ugh.

1 comment:

Ripx180 said...

I think the majority of us struggle with similar things... I seem to be on a 2 year cycle where my weight goes up and down as does my motivation to loose weight/eat right. We both know that there is only one choice though, to continue the battle. Keep on pushing, you will find your groove.