5.17.2008

Familiar Territory

Nothing to be proud of, but the last two weeks have reminded me very much of the life I described in THIS POST - my first here on this blog.

But I can feel the momentum shifting, and I think that I'm close to really zeroing back in.

Some things to note:

Becky is starting a super-cool and confidential training regimen at the Troy Rec Center on Monday. She's going to get her ass worked off. It's part of a 90-day "diary" that we'll be running in MiSports Magazine.

We bought some resistance bands tonight. Nothing that will turn us into body builders, but we felt the need to try something new.

We need to do something. Not long ago, we'd spend our evenings walking, boxing, etc. Now we spend them snacking, watching movies - the things that got us in this mess in the first place.

Just hanging on right now...

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Good luck to Beck in this process. I have been thinking about getting into a class or something over there. There was an article in Men's Health this month (the "Belly Off" guy) who talked about doing a class 5 days a week, and that being key for him. He did martial arts, but I'm thinking about getting involved in some class soon - I'll let you know what I come up with.

Anonymous said...

Bullshit to all of this I've been reading in your blog as of late, Kev. C'mon, brother - you've proven you know how to do this!

Sometimes the inspiration and joy of weight loss isn't going to fall in your lap (the bag of Cheetos is in the way). So, you just got to man up, get your already ninety pounds less than where you started ass to the gym, and knock out the last thirty five.

Quit pissing and moaning here, bud. You know you can do this if you apply yourself. And all of us FATties are going to make sure you do it.

Jim McCoy said...

Just holding on isn't going to get you to where you want to go. If you want to get there, get moving.