5.06.2008

A Message from my Body...


Here I sit, still comfortably in the mid 280's.

What I noticed today, from the deepest part of my being, is that I just don't care anymore. I don't. Buffets? Bring it. Candy? Sweet. Ice Cream? Cool. Workout? Nah.

I don't know what the deal is. The fire is 100% out. There's no gas in the tank. Insert any number of quitter cliche's here.

I have no drive.

So, it's up to me to FORCE myself to keep going. Dieting isn't easy. Transforming your life is not an overnight job. Do I want that Will Smith-type body on my banner? Yes. But I've been hoping it would just magically appear, and I could keep eating like crap and being lazy.

Well, I think it's safe to say that magic isn't something I should count on.

And so, for the 143rd time in the last 18 months, I'm starting over. It's Day One again. I'm talking literal Day One - pics, measurements - the whole deal.

I have to look at it like this from now on: I have not lost any weight. There was no 366. I weigh 285+ pounds, and I need to drop 45 or so pounds to get to where I want to be.

This is going to be a challenge in the truest sense of the word. I find myself at a crossroads.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Boy do I know what your talking about, all to well. We know what we gotta do, so lets do it :) Why do I feel like Im working for Nike saying that. lol