4.30.2008

Pulling Out All the Stops

Well, I lost ONE pound from playing basketball last night. Better than gaining.

It's time to shock my system into submission, I think. I'm gonna show it who the boss is. I NEED to get out of the 280's. My body has found a nice, little comfort zone somewhere in the 282 - 286 area, and I need to make my body feel very uncomfortable in that zone. It's not welcome here, anymore.

So, today is a fast. Starting with 10pm last night, I'm aiming for a 24-hour fast. I may allow myself some veggies, or an apple tonight at the 24-hour mark, just to get something in my body. But no lunch, no dinner , no snacks - just water and other beverages.

Don't worry, it'll just be a one-day thing, and it's not starving myself to lose weight. It's just giving my body a day to realize it needs to burn all this other crap out to make room for the good stuff.

Am I crazy? Why yes, yes I am.

But desperate times call for desperate measures.

And I think seeing a 279 on the scale would be a big boost for me right now, too. So now I just need to get there.

2 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Let us know how it turns out. Try to fit in some low intensity cardio to help tell your body to burn some reserves. A brisk walk would be a good something to do. Keep the blogs coming Kevin the coalition needs you.

Ripx180 said...

Are you still pulling out the stops? How did the fast go?