4.18.2008

And This is Why Quitting is So Easy...

I have been PERFECT since Sunday morning. Working out, eating well (one day with high carbs, otherwise spotless), focusing, staying determined - the works.

I had one day of a loss - a good loss at that - and now I've gone back up the last two days. Yesterday didn't bother me so much, as the night before was my excess carb-a-thon. But today? Damn right it bothers me.

I'm up 1.4 freaking pounds from yesterday. Almost two pounds up over the last two days. I'm a pound away from where I unofficially started this last step, though I think I was actually around 288 on Sunday morning.

In fact, this is the third-straight time that I've re-booted, worked hard, focused, and PUT ON weight.

I am so sick and tired of doing well - very well - and ONLY seeing weight gain. It's like there's something wrong with my body. I'm doing the right things, and my body shuts down. I don't get it.

I'm not sore or retaining water.
I've been at 2280 or less for calories the past five days.
I've stayed active.

I've done everything I used to do when I was at Square One last year. Only this time, nothing is working.

It's kind of the story of my life right now. You work hard, put everything into a project, try to get ahead, and something inexplicably keeps knocking you back. One step forward, to steps back - and that isn't an exaggeration. In every area of my life right now I keep fighting to get ahead, and every time, I get shoved back - often landing soundly on my ass.

I'll give this another day or two. Maybe my body is still processing all the carbs from two nights ago, and the weight is still struggling. I don't know. But if I keep this up through the weekend, and I'm still going up, I don't think I'll be able to handle it.

This is getting old.

1 comment:

Rob Tucker said...

You've got to get back to your 5-day average, Kev. I'm the same way - these day to day's are killing me. Let's both refocus on this 5 day thing - our sanity needs it.

And since I've been a shitty blog commenter lately, I thought I'd point out that we both had pretty decent hoops nights - we both seem to lose the big numbers after busting our ass on the court for two hours. No coincidence.. we should do MORE of it.

Catch you Tuesday!