11.15.2007

Not off to a Great Start

Eating has been great. Haven't topped 1,800 calories so far, which is good. But I haven't worked out at all to this point. It's been a mix of lack of time and lack of energy due to a lack of sleep. I did take the girls for a 2-mile walk yesterday to get them out of Beck's hair, but that's been about it.

Of course, my weight was WAY back up today, which makes perfect sense. Eat great, do something active, put on 1.4 pounds.

Stupid.

So, here's what I'm going to try to do over the next few weeks - until the Colorado Blizzard Season makes itself known:

> Sprint/Strength Circuits 3x Per Week
60 yard sprint, 25 plyo hops, 10 push ups, walk to starting point, repeat until death

> Dumbbell Workout 3x Per Week
Bench, row, curl, shoulder press, shoulder extension, straight dead lifts, squats. Use moderate weights and reps, 3 sets of each.

> Add in basic crunches and sit-ups on Weight Days

I'm hoping my dad doesn't know about this blog, but Beck and I are bringing our girls to him for a surprise early Christmas gift. We'll be taking a day off from Grand Rapids to head to Detroit to meet up with the Michigan branch of the Coalition at a Pistons game. My big goal right now, outside of getting to 260, is to be 10 pounds lighter on 12-9 than I was on 11-12, when I started this thing back up. That would mean that I'd need to weigh in at 267.4 - on a foreign scale - on the 9th.

100% doable.

So, I'm going to make a real effort to do my Cardio stuff this afternoon. We have a meeting at 3:30, and Beck and I both need to go do this today, so timing will be tricky. We'll do what we can, though.

Anyway, just wanted to get some thoughts on "paper," so I now return you to your regularly-scheduled blog-reading...

8 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Looking forward to getting together for that game, it's already in my calender. It'll be good times.

And I think we all know what we have to do - workout and eat right, and have patience. Piece of cake, right?

Kevin A. said...

Mmmmm...cake.

Anonymous said...

LOL, Kevin. But cake does sound pretty good right now. Anyway, I'm stoked about Michigan. As cool as it's going to be to surprise your dad, I'm still pretty excited to hang out with all you Detroiters for a night. Good times!

Back to weight loss - dude, let's kick this lack of time and energy in the balls. Seriously. It's annoying the crap outta me, and I'm tired of letting it win every time. If we can't do it together, then we do it separately. I've got your back and you've obviously got mine (folks, Kevin needs an award for best supporting weight-loss-ist. He's always making sure I have no excuse not to hit the trails or track or stairs...or whatever). Here's to a skinny(er) 12-9.

Marcol said...

So hows the workout coming? Dumbells, plyo? Tell us something bro...

Brian said...

Ok, where ya at?

Rob Tucker said...

Kev? Been 9 days, man. Hang in there with us.

Anonymous said...

You're not still in mourning over the Lions loss, are you?

Rob Tucker said...

Kev, how you coming along?

We're trying another forum too if you want to get back on.

http://fatcoalition.makeforum.org/