11.11.2007

Screw This Noise



It's back on tomorrow, people. Just like Rob, I weighed in before bed last night (Rob, we're MORONS), and I saw 280.0. Now, I dropped four pounds overnight, and I'm 276 this morning, so I've pretty much maintained over these last three weeks. But that 280 sucked the life right out of me, man.

Maintenance is cool, and all, but I can't worry about maintaining until I actually get to my goal weight.

The good news is that I feel the fire creeping back in. I told Beck we need to get the sparring equipment back out. I'm going to be laying out a dumbbell workout for each of us this afternoon. I'm back into my Under Armour addiction phase.

I mean, look at those dudes on the top of the page. The one guy is like, 100 years old. If a dude that's 100 years old can get that lean and strong, I sure don't have any excuses.

The other dude has HIV. One of the deadliest viruses in the universe, and he transforms like that.

Dang.

So, here's the deal. I STILL don't have a gym. I STILL can't afford a trainer or supplements. I STILL can't go to boxing training. It's me, my 100 pounds of dumbbells and my $7 dumbbell bench. Would I prefer to have access to any or all of those things? You bet. But I can't let my lack of extras stop me. I'm down 90 pounds without spending a single day in a gym, and I can drop another 20, if need be.

So, here's how it's going to work-

Dumbbell weight workout 3 days per week
HIIT Cardio (sprints? stairs? hiit sparring?) 3x per week.
Saturdays off

Goals-

Drop my final 16 pounds (more if needed)
Achieve noticeable toning improvements
Increase strength
Increase cardio endurance (mine still blows)
Achieve 90% or higher success over the next 84 days*

*I'm only shooting for 90% because of our schedule. When deadline week comes, things get NUTS. If I can stay at 90% those weeks, I'll kill this thing.

Misc.-

I will be counting calories - not portion sizes
I'll aim for 1,800 calories per day
No Myoplex or EAS supplements
I will be buying Kashi Go Lean Fiber/Protein rolls**
Saturdays off

**I'm choosing these because they're gross, so I won't be tempted to eat the whole box in one sitting, which I have been known to do before.

I started the process last night. I went to Wal Mart at 9pm last night to go get some snacks. Did I get SNICKER'S? Reese's? Ice Cream? Candy Corn?

YEP!

Just kidding. I bought us each a couple of Kashi bars. Lower calories than 2 candy bars, and lots of fiber and protein. The journey of 100 pounds begins with a single good decision. I think that was a pretty good one.

Also, idle note-

We took our kids trick or treating this year, and I saw something truly sad - kids walking, mom - HUGE mom - riding along side them in her car. Now, do I have all the facts? No. Is it possible she CAN'T walk? Sure. But, on the surface, it made me a little sad. Assuming she was driving out of laziness, I wonder if she's made the connection that that may be WHY she's so out of shape? I don't know, but I know I'll never be that way with my kids. Never.

That's it for today, kids. And a quick word of advice? DON'T WEIGH IN AT 11PM!

Later.

Go, Lions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been curious enough to get on that scale in the evening too. It sucks. But it does rattle me enough to get back on track.

Also, I'm also feeling regenerated. The fire is burning again.

Rob Tucker said...

I'm telling you, Kevin - if I didn't know for sure that you weren't me, I'd swear I was you. Does that make sense?

I was actually looking at those Kashi bars and such literally less than an hour ago. I'll be posting more about that tonight.

Just keep going, that's all we can do. One of these days something will snap and we'll actually figure it out. Until then, you just don't stop. That's all we can do sometimes.

Rebecca said...

The thing about weighing in at night is it really has to just be a way to gauge what your weight will be in the morning. I typically weigh 2.2 lbs less in the morning than I do at night. It's just the food that you ate on your stomach, not real weight gain. Don't let it scare you next time. But unless you're going to use it as a form of measurement, and see it for what it is, it might be a good idea to refrain.

There's a lot you STILL don't have, but there's also a lot that you do have, and it sounds like you have enough to finish out your successful journey. I like that - one good decision. True!

Brian said...

Great post Kevin. Those pics are awesome, and some great motivation. If some old dude and a guy with aids can do it..

Can't wait to read your blog in a few months and see all the progress you've made.

kyle said...

I for one am glad you're back. I'm new, but I enjoy reading your kick ass and take names style of blogging (reading that, it sounds ridiculous, but oh well).

I look forward to your future posts motivating me to continue on.

Marcol said...

What a nice thing to say Kyle. So tell us about the program you created Kev.