6.08.2008

Lots 'O Thoughts

- Resistance is NOT Futile
Did a quick 20-minute resistance band workout last night to see if they were worth the time. I had to use two bands to make it "tougher," and I only did standing "barbell" rows, flies, and curl/row combos with some crunches and knee lifts mixed in, but I gotta tell ya, it wasn't bad. Not my toughest workout ever, but I do feel it in my shoulders today, and I worked up a sweat.

- Considering October
Last year, I set a personal goal for 10-10, which would have been my mom's 60th birthday. I fell short, and didn't like it. Now I find myself in a tough spot. I'd love to aim to hit 240 by 10-10 of this year, but that's gonna be tough to pull off. I'd have to lose 2.7 pounds per week between now and 10-10 in order to hit 240. I'd like to just say "screw it" and go make it happen, but if I miss this goal, I don't know how I'd handle it.

- Clean
We ate at a Chinese buffet yesterday. I aced the test. I'll be honest, I wanted to go in there, face so many of my weaknesses there on the hot serving trays, and eat nothing but good food. I wanted to prove I could do it, and I did. Chicken and broccoli, grilled pork, watermelon. I'm kind of proud of that one. Tonight? Turkey burgers.

Everybody have a great rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

Ripx180 said...

how did the weekend go? We have some resistance bands and I think they work well too. Anything is better than nothing man.