7.09.2010

The No-Carb Re-Boot

So, day one of going carbless was a success. Was a little hungry last night, but fought through it, and didn't give in.

I dropped 2.2 pounds yesterday. Yes, I know it's mostly water weight and excess carbs, but that's all I want to do, really. I ate HORRIBLY early this week, so I want my body to level off to where it should have been, had I not eaten like total crap those days.

While I assume I'll drop another couple pounds tomorrow, and the temptation to keep this diet going full-time could be strong, I already see how going no-carb is really unhealthy - at least for me.

I ate 500 calories of eggs, bacon, and cheddar today for breakfast. No carbs, but I just feel greasy. For lunch, it'll be cheddar wrapped in bacon, wrapped in lean roast beef, then microwaved for a few seconds to make it all gooey and awesome. Sounds great, but also gross at the same time. Dinner will be a grilled chicken breast with lemon pepper, and a salad with an oil-based dressing, and a little shredded cheese. Snacks through the day will be cheese sticks.

I mean, I just don't think I could do that long-term. I need some whole grains. I need a little BBQ sauce. I need miracle whip on my bread.

So, the plan, as it's always been, is to gradually re-introduce carbs tomorrow morning. Only good carbs, of course - whole wheat bread, brown rice, etc. We'll see how it plays out.

Just hoping this is a nice 2-day jump start to getting me back on track.

No comments: