3.28.2008

A Good Day

Went to the gym, and killed myself.

Dumbbell Chest Presses, 3x8 with solid weight (higher than I planned)
Seated Cable Rows, 3x8 with good weight
Double-arm Curls, 3x10 with nice weight (but not great)
Machine Flys, 3x10 with decent weight (also not great)
Knee Raises, 3x10
Elliptical, 7 minutes

The Elliptical doesn't sound like much, but my longest ever on that machine is like 4 minutes before today, so I was kind of surprised I went 7.

I'll also do some crunches tonight - 3x20.

Here's my problem:

I keep seeing myself as the 365-pound dude that started this whole thing off. If I still had 120 pounds to lose, I don't think I'd have the energy or focus to do it. But I'm 35-40 pounds from my lowest and healthiest weight ever. I don't need to start a 12 to 15-month journey right now. I need to buckle down and stick to this program for eight weeks or so. I need to hit the gym 4-5 days a week, and hit the heavy bag or play basketball the other days, saving a day or two for rest each week. And I need to eat right. That might be my biggest issue right now.

In theory, at the end of those eight weeks, I'd be in a good spot.

Maybe not Will Smith-Good, but good.

No comments: