3.07.2008

Making Strides

Day Three
Today's Weigh In: 277.2
Goal Weight: 260.6
Days to Goal: 52
Pounds per Day Needed: .36

Today's loss: 1.0
Total Pounds Lost: 3.4
Total Average Loss: 1.13ppd

Slow but sure, people. That's the way to do this, I think. I'd have nothing against dropping eight pounds tomorrow morning, but we all know that it just doesn't happen - unless you're on The Biggest Loser.

For the record, if I keep this pace up, I'll weigh 215 pounds on April 18. So, I'm kind of hoping the pace slows a bit once I hit the 240's. Maybe I'll toss in some twinkies soon, just to make sure I don't lose too much too fast.

Of course, I'm joking. Mostly.

I'm in a pretty good mood about all of this, and I'm feeling that momentum creeping back. That said, there's a pretty big obstacle right in my path.

On Sunday, a couple of my old friends from college are coming over for a day of Xbox, movies, drinks and ... pizza. It's been long established that they'd come over for pizza and drinks, so switching it up on them now and serving brown rice under a roasted chicken breast might be annoying.

My plan? Eat some pizza. Pizza, in and of itself, is not the issue. My inability to control how much of it I put in my body has been the issue. I'm not going to live life as a prisoner to "health" food, but I'm no longer a slave to the crappy stuff, either. So, a smaller breakfast, an apple for lunch, and a couple pieces of pizza for dinner. I bet I can still keep my calories where they need to be, not go hungry, and not overdo it.

In other news, we picked up a $5 food dehydrator a couple of days ago, so I'm anxious to try some things I wouldn't normally eat. I HATE raw bananas and pineapple, but I'll eat it dried. We can also make our own turkey jerky, among other things.

So, there's that.

Alright, everybody have a good weekend, and let's make sure our weigh-ins on Monday are lower than they were today! No looking back.

1 comment:

inked said...

Mmmmm....Pizza. My wife gets a thin crust pizza from Dominos that has ham and green peppers on it and is supposed to be a "healthier" choice. I don't know though, I mean it tastes decent and all, but it ain't pizza!