3.30.2008

A Basketball State of Mind

While I'll look more like this:

Than This:
...I am getting myself stoked to play basketball next week. I haven't played in about four years, but back in the day, I was alright for a lanky white boy. Alright post-up game, decent mid-range jumper, and the occasional triple.

But I excelled in shot-blocking. The last time I kept track was in a league I played in right after marriage - when the weight first started coming on. I usually swatted around four per game - though I was easily 6" taller than almost any other player in the league.

For the record, I'm breaking out the Fab Five era black socks.

I'm for real, yo.

2 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Hope the hoop dreamz are still alive :). Block a shot for this old hoopster.

Rob Tucker said...

I'm looking forward to it, Kev. Tuesday night, the more the merrier. Let me know?