7.22.2008

Making it Happen

Woke up at 6:30, and decided to get up and shower so I could chill before I went to work.

While in the bathroom, I looked at my gut and decided I could lounge after work.

I only had 30 minutes to work with after I got dressed, so I did the best I could with what I had - which used to be my motto as I was losing 94 pounds. So, I grabbed Spike, and we went for a quick, brisk mile walk. Would have been further, but the dog had to use the grass a lot. But we went exactly a mile in 20 minutes, and I made sure it was fast enough of a pace to make me pant and sweat a little.

When we got back, I dropped down and did 3 sets of pushups, then I finished the morning off with a Kashi bar and bottled water.

Not the most amazing workout ever, and I wish I could have done more, but from a mental standpoint, it was a pretty big win for me, so I'll take it.

So, a good start to the day after a perfect day yesterday (I had 104 ounces of water!). And I'll likely do something else active tonight - maybe more pushups, maybe a family walk, I dunno.

Have a good Tuesday, all.

4 comments:

Jason said...

wow man, you just made me feel like crap for hitting the snooze button and going back to sleep a couple times this morning!

It's really awesome to see you and beck both so into it right now. you both seem to be really focused and it's really motivating. Keep up the good work man!

Ripx180 said...

That's right man make it F-n happen. Diggin it Kevin, keep on keeping on.

Unknown said...

"Just do something".

Remember, we used to say that all the time. Good re-start, man.

lj said...

great job getting up so early and working out! I'm going to have to follow your example tomorrow morning.