6.08.2009

Missed it by THAT Much

Today's Weight: 300.6
Yesterday's Weight: 302.0
Change: -1.4
Total Weight Lost: 6.6
Pounds to Goal A: 3.4


So what am I doing? How have I dropped almost 7 pounds in less than two weeks? Pretty simple, really. I've just clamped down on my diet, and made myself get more active, in general. My diet has been just about spotless since I started this (save for a few cupcakes), and I've done SOMETHING active just about every day.

What qualifies as active? Taking a walk with my daughters, cleaning the house, dancing (with my daughters, not in public), doing laundry...nothing major. I'm just forcing myself to do things I don't always do, and I'm getting my heart rate up in the process.

But the diet is the key, here. I haven't been counting, but I know enough about what I eat to easily guesstimate that I haven't topped 2,200 - 2,400 in the last 8 days or so. And they've been clean calories. The worst thing I've eaten in the last 13 days was some potato salad.

It's small steps. You can't drop to your ideal weight in 10 days...unless you only want to lose 5 pounds, I guess. Little changes combine to yield big results.

2 comments:

40 Something said...

next weigh in you will be in the 200's, keep working hard!

Will Phillips said...

Keep it up bro - you've got 2 pounds on me so you better hit 299 before me!!