10.12.2007

Merry Christmas to Me!

Ok, so some quickies, first.

After my nasty weight jump last week (I deserved it), my weight is steadily coming back down. I was 276 and change four days ago, and I was 273 and change today. Slowly but surely. I hope to eclipse my low of 272.8 very soon.

Anyway, Beck and I were able to do a little early Christmas shopping to get each other a few things we needed. You've all heard about her new shoes, but now it's my turn.

First, I got some jeans - 38's, baby. I think my official size is 39 as these are a little snug, but I'll be fitting into them well soon enough. Also got a 2XL shirt that I hope shrinks a little bit, as it's right on the line of too big. Yes, a 2XL shirt that is slightly too big. Mind-boggling.

Lastly, and most importantly, I got this:


Three positions so I can do just about everything, from benching to rowing to sit-ups. I only have about 120 pounds of weights and two dumbbells, but I'll do what I can with what I have. I'd like to move up to the nice Hex dumbbells, but those things cost more that I realized. For 50-pounders they were $30 per dumbbell.

The best news about this thing? It was at a local thrift store, and it cost a whopping $6.95.

Yes, $7.

Now, I start to build. I've been waiting for this for a long time.

This is gonna be fun.

6 comments:

Jim McCoy said...

Nice, but how come MY local thrift store doesn't have one of these for seven dollars? Congrats on the smaller pants too. That's always a great feeling

Rob Tucker said...

Oh shit - Kevin's got weights. Nice, man.

Anonymous said...

Rob, I can just imagine the look on your face as you typed that. LOL!!

Kev, I'm so happy you found this (and for so cheap...more money for me to spend on you for Christmas!!). :) You've come this far with absolutely nothing. No gym, bad feet and at times, a bad back/shoulder. You're going to be buff in no time.

Woohoo. ;)

billy said...

I'm surprised there isn't more cheap exercise equipment saturating the market, with how many people buy stuff and then give up on it.

Congrats, that's awesome!

Ripx180 said...

great snag Kev. I expect to see some posts about how sore you are ;). Your guns are gonna get scary big, yes we are talking about WMDs here!!

Marcol said...

Nice find and nice on the smaller pants. No more excuses now Kev!