10.06.2007

Not Much Going On

Hit a new low again today, so I'm still moving forward. I weighed 272.8, which means I have to lose exactly three pounds in four days to have a shot at 269.8 Wednesday morning. Feasible, but not absolutely likely at this point. And I'll only be aiming for a weigh in of 269.8, as my 5-day has no shot at getting to 269 by Wednesday. But I just want to see the number on the scale.

I also crossed the 85-pound lost mark on my 5-day. Pressing toward 90.

I took yesterday off from any cardio/strength work, but I'll double up today. I'm going to go run the stairs while Beck and the girls are chilling out, and I'll do several sets of push ups throughout the day.

As always, I'd prefer to go to my boxing class, hit the gym, get the boys together to play some football, etc. - but do the best with what you have, right?

I did fight off a MAJOR craving last night, which I'm happy about. Beck and I were both drooling at the thought of candy corn (one of our autumn weaknesses), so much so that Beck considered picking a bag up when she ran a quick errand to Wal Mart. But we both know we have goals we want to hit this month, and, for me especially, one slip up could screw me up for good right now.

So, we said no, ate 100% clean, and replaced candy corn with a big glass of ice water.

I ended up at 1,596 calories yesterday, which I'm pretty happy with. I'm going to have to hang pretty close to that through Tuesday to get me to that magic number. I'm considering one controlled fast day - maybe Monday. Not sure, though. Some days they work, others, they just make me really hungry. Guess it'll depend on my weigh in that day. If I'm at 271.4 or something Monday morning, I may give it a shot.

I'm getting excited about getting under 270. That will put me less than 10 pounds from my original goal weight. That's good and all, but it's becoming more and more obvious to me that 260 isn't going to get me where I need to be. Not by a long shot. I'm pretty sure I'm looking at another 30 pounds - which is shocking to me. At 239, I looked anorexic. I really did. It was pathetic. I'm sure I have more lean muscle mass on me these days, so maybe it won't be so bad. But I'm a little scared of getting that low. I've been told by my old DR. that my ideal weight is between 250 and 260 based on my body composition, bone density, etc. But there's no way 255 is my fit weight.

But I guess I'll figure all of that out in November. I still have about 12 pounds to go before I start reassessing.

Have a great weekend, all.

Here are my updated stats:

Weigh-In: 272.8 (New Low!)
5-Day: 274.04 (New Low!)
Lost since 9-1-07: 12.36
Lost per Day since 9-1-07: .36 pounds
Pounds to 269.8: 4.24

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

We're cruising now, Kev. You're absolutely right about the candy corn. Just KEEP IT OUT OF THE HOUSE. You can't fall prey to eating it if it's not in the house.

Just keep it out. Good work yesterday, and great to see a new low!

Marcol said...

good for you kevin on avoiding the cravings and opting for ice water - nice call.

Maybe when you hit 260 or so you may decide its time to seriously work on building up your muscle and losing body fat no longer focusing on scale weight. Youre a tall dude so I think youre right when you say 230's will make you look sickly.

When you hit 260 reassess. That wont be too long from now - wow can you believe youve come this far? Sweet!