9.26.2007

Calling Somebody Out...

Until my other site is set to go, I'll post some updates here when I have five minutes or so. If you all don't mind.

Today, I want to call somebody out who truly deserves it!

Becky.

Hey, loser! Why did you buy that Halloween candy?? Why did you bring a big old bag of Reese's PB cups into the house?? And why did they accompany a bag of candy corn?? What have you done to me???

I hate Halloween. Mainly because I love the freaking candy. So, when Becky decided to bring some candy into the house to test the "new" us, I was OK with it. Surely I could have A piece and leave it at that, right? I mean, after 10 months of this journey, I must have learned something.

Well, the good news is that those bags of candy lasted three full days! The old us would have devoured those things in one night.

The bad news is that those bags of candy only made it three days. I did most of the damage, and I have deservingly paid the price, as my weigh-in has shown over the last few days.

Whenever I start thinking I'm indestructible, it seems that's when I screw it all up.

I mean, I had 269 in my sites. I could have hit my goal of 269.8 by October 10. And then I go and eat 2/3 of two bags of candy in three nights. I went from being proud of losing 10 pounds in a month to hoping I can get back to having lost eight. My average went up a full pound in just four days. That's failure right there.

This weight loss thing really is simple. When I count calories, drink my water, and keep my focus, I lose weight. I just don't get why I allow myself to lose said focus so often. I KNOW I could be at 260 by now, but I've done this so many times that it has set me back a good two months. Maybe more.

So, today I will go through a controlled fast, aiming to stay under 1,000 calories. I'll drink my water (Beck's Women's Health said you should drink half your body weight in ounces - so I need to aim for about 138 ounces per day). I'll get the weight loss train moving in the right direction again.

I need to end September strong. It's been a great month for my weight loss, and I need to keep it that way. Can I see a 273.8 or lower on the scale in the next four days? That's my goal. Guess we'll see. If I can do it, that puts me in GREAT position to hit my 269.8 by October 10.

That date is really important to me. I don't want to miss this one.

Guess we'll see.

Stats coming later.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's fired. hehe

Ripx180 said...

Kev, glad to see a post today. No harm no foul on the drama yesterday FATs still got your back as we always have. You cant get out of this group that easy if I have any say in it.

Beck..... no more candy suicide!!! Its hard enough to dodge that shi% at work and everywhere else.... but to bring it into Kevin's temple thats just plain inexcusable... ok just messing with you beck. but seriously help a husband out and take the bags to work and let the other cattle eat em. Thats what I tell my wife.... take it to work and make brownie points cause you ain't getting anything but a fat husband here.

You know this man, fast gained lbs are fast lost lbs. If you can get some cardio in and drink tons of water it will help flush those toxins right on out. You will hit your goal its important to you so make it happen.

Looking forward to seeing the layout on the new blog. I got a kick out of the hidden easter eggs on your other site (love the interactive web sites).

Kevin A. said...

In her defense, she didn't put the candy in my mouth...repeatedly...all night. That's on me.

billy said...

DUDE

What the hell? You guys are buying candy on September 25th????

Come on, that's just sad. You both knew you were gonna eat that candy, so why buy it????

I know you both know better than that.

Rob Tucker said...

The past is in the past.

That holds true in a few ways today, but I'll focus on this blog. Billy's right - you guys knew what was happening before it happened. It's a mistake I make all the time. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking you're strong enough if you're not. It'll only come back to haunt you.

I apply this to myself and pizza. I can't only have one or two. I have no self control. So, I avoid it. Take whatever she bought, and throw it out the window of a moving car.

And pass out apples this Halloween :)

Rob Tucker said...

PS: I've seen those pics of Beckster flexing. Are you SURE you want to call her out?

Jay said...

Halloween is more than a month away, right? It's still October 31st?

Jim McCoy said...

Keeping this stuff around the house is a bad idea if you can't handle it. My wife annoys me by bringing this type of thing into the house all the time, but I'm used to it, I guess. I don't know if you can blame the wife here, though. After all, she wasn't the one who ate it.