9.08.2007

The Final Countdown - Day Three

Weight: 283.44
Weight lost today: .34 pounds
Loss Per Day Average Since 9/6: .37 (-.05)
Days Left: 74
Weight Remaining: 23.44

Well, I'm exceeding my .32 per day goal so far, though it's only been two days.

And while Beck did GREAT at Jillian's last night, I didn't do as well. I knew I'd have nothing to choose from for dinner, so I only took in 360 calories up to that point in the day. I ended up eating a grilled chicken BBQ sandwich, with some fries. And I had five BBQ chicken wings.

Somehow, I ended up with roughly 2,200 calories for the day. Not awful, though still about 201 calories over where I'd prefer I end up.

I still have a lot to learn, too. I look back on it now, and I likely could have asked for corn or broccoli in place of the fries, and I could have lived without BBQ sauce on the sandwich. Still, I think the meal was pretty real-world.

Did I get an A+? No. But did my preparation for the bad dinner keep me from failing? I think so, yes. I'd give myself a B- for the day.

I weighed in at 283.4, up .4 pounds from yesterday, but I'm pretty sure sodium played a part. And my average still dropped. So I'm pretty happy, actually.

Today seems like a good day for a controlled fast, though I woke up hungry. So, it's going to be a challenge. Maybe I'll snack on some carrots during football, then have a light dinner tonight.

If Beck's soreness from her trek yesterday is better, we'll be going on a 3-4 mile family walk today (Denver falls are amazing - 77, sunny, no humidity!), so that'll be 600 calories gone. And we may even go to the park and toss the football around after dinner. We'll see.

I want to see a 282 on the scale in the morning.

3 comments:

billy said...

My problem is when I starve myself all day in preparation for a huge dinner, I end up so hungry I go hog-wild...

Kevin A. said...

That wasn't the case, actually. I just reasoned in my head: "I can afford to eat a bad meal, because I did so well today!"

I probably would have been fine with a huge salad.

Oh, well.

Another lesson learned.

Marcol said...

Just going over cals by 201 for the day isnt bad at all considering you went out for dinner.

The weather sounds awesome there - I cant wait for Boston to cool off.

Enjoy and hopefully youll have wish of 282 tomorrow.