8.19.2008

Holding Pattern

I'm waiting for a more "official" weigh in that will take place roughly 45 minutes from now, and I'm hoping the numbers are a little better than my unofficial weight from a few minutes ago. If the weight holds, it will appear that my body has moved into a bit of a holding pattern, at 287.4. My last three weights were 287.2, 287.8, and today's 287.4.

If the number doesn't change, it's going to bring my first mental challenge of this reboot. Three days of no loss is just enough of a speed bump to get into my head. I expect to lose at least a little weight every day, with an occasional "nice" drop of a pound or more. And as unrealistic as it is, when I don't get it for a few days, I start doubting.

But I'm also realistic. I know it's insane to expect weight loss every day. Hope for it? Sure. Get pissed if you don't get it? No. Plus, for those of you who were around since Day One, you recall that my body like to screw with me - drop .4, drop .6, drop .2, gain 1.0, drop .4, gain 1.6, drop .2, drop .2, drop 3.8, etc.

So, this is where I need to focus. No matter what my scale says 40 minutes from now, it won't change my day - eat right, stay active.

And heeeeere we go...

EDIT

Official weight: 287.2

3 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Welcome back to the weight loss roller coaster Kevin ;). As you know your weight loss will slow in comparison to the first few weeks back. Just the way it is. stay diligent and your weight loss will be more than your weight gains. Cant stress diet enough.... Keep the blogs rolling.

lj said...

hey that's lower! keep doing what you're doing!

Will Phillips said...

Dude, I'm right there with you, bud. I've been stuck at 334.X for the past three days.

It's getting really frustrating, I tell you what.