3.12.2007

An Active Family is a Healthy Family

Just a quickie this morning.

First, the name of the blog has changed again, this time dropping .9 pounds. Not an impressive number, but it's still going in the right direction.

Second, my new measurements are listed in the right sidebar. With my cough keeping me from working out, by bicep dropped .25", but everything else looks great. I'm gonna try to get back at it today, but this cough is STILL making life miserable for me right now.

Third, I am now 16.4 pounds from hitting the 299.9 mark. My goals on the sidebar are all jacked up, and there's no way I'll hit that number as I planned to on the 23rd of this month. Still, I think I can weigh in at 299.9 or lower by April 11th, if I'm a good boy. So, that's my new goal. Let the countdown begin.

Lastly, Beck and I are making the conscious decision to make our family more active. We started this weekend. Normally, we relax and veg out a little on Saturday's and Sunday's. And we still had time for a little of that. But, before we vegged, we worked. On Saturday, Beck and I played basketball for an hour. As I said in my last post, it wasn't a vigorous workout, but it got our heart rates up, and we broke a sweat. Then yesterday, we headed to the big mall near Boulder, got the stroller out, and walked around for a while. Then, after we were done in there, we went looking for some nearby trails. We couldn't find them, but we did see a Wal Mart about a 1/2 mile down the road. So, we hiked over a bridge, headed to Wal Mart, bought some water, and headed back. All-in-all, we probably turned the day into a good 2+ mile walk.

Again, nothing to write home about, but a nice, subtle lifestyle change that will pay off later.

Alright, I guess that's it for now. Everybody have a great Monday.

It's going to be 72 here today. Just thought I'd mention that.

3 comments:

billy said...

I think the active family thing is great. In this day and age, your kid(s?) are growing up in an environment where physical activity is all but non-existent. It's great if you can make it something enjoyable for them, and maybe they'll grow up and be active, and avoid the weight problems we have. Same goes with healthy eating. It's all an extra incentive, making sure they grow up with healthy habits!

Rob Tucker said...

Same as Billy said, it's got to do with not only your OWN weight loss goals, but promoting the healthy lifestyle from the beginning for your kids. Nice work, guys.

Anonymous said...

Billy and Rob are right, you are coaching your kids in the right direction :)