3.27.2007

Fluctuations v3.0

I'm not a happy man this morning.

As I've mentioned numerous times before, my body fluctuates like nobody's business. For the most part, I've come to expect a weigh-in two pounds higher than a nice, low weigh-in back-to-back. But even though I've "prepared" myself for it, it still BLOWS to see it on the scale.

For example, I hit an all-time low (and a four-year low) of 310 on Sunday. I assumed I'd be back as high as 312 yesterday, and, sure enough, I came in at 311.5. Now, my history sughests that today's weigh-in would be right around 311 again. Maybe even back to the 310 range. Instead, I get a freaking 313. So, with two more days of clean eating, I've actually put three pounds back on in two days.

There were a few subtle differences between the last 48 hours and all of last week. For one, no walk yesterday. For two, no zig-zag. My totals were only about 10 calories off for the last two days. Though I don't see how eating 2100 calories a day for 48 hours would contribute to putting on 3 pounds. Also, I had two bowls of cereal yesterday (wheat chex and honey nut cheerios), and I added a tablespoon of sugar to each for taste. Again, I can't see how a combined 50 calories would play that much of a difference in the weigh-in.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not as down as the blog seems. Shoot, I took all of the dates off of my goals yesterday, showing that I don't care WHEN I hit my weights, as long as I DO hit them. But I'd much rather be stuck on 310 for a week than start moving in the opposite direction.

I just worked my tail off last week to see that 310 on the scale, and now I've got to work it off again just to get back down there. I know - it could be water weight. I know- the body's weight can fluctuate as much as four pounds a day. But it doesn't make it any easier to see it.

In Other News

>> My shoulder felt MUCH better last night, and I was set to resume my pushups and situps today. But when I woke up this morning, the discomfort was back. Maybe it'll loosen up as the day goes on, and I can still get a few sets in tonight.

>> Boxing is a no-go for now. After I had my pay cut, we just coudn't justify it. It was pretty much a choice between diapers and formula or boxing lessons. We went with the kids on this one. That said, I'm going into talk to the Execs at the magazine tomorrow about expanding my duties, as well as the web site I currently run. If it works, it would be a huge boost to both my career and my finances.

>> I still adore the Food and Activity log at LA Boxing. It has everything - weekly summaries, personalized carb/fat/protein targets, graphs that show your progress - and lots more. If you're looking for a very cool tool, check it out here.

That's it for now. Have a good one, all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin, you'll get there. Just as your weight goes up, it will go down. Hang in there.

Also, are you and I still on for pushups tonight?

Kevin A. said...

">> My shoulder felt MUCH better last night, and I was set to resume my pushups and situps today. But when I woke up this morning, the discomfort was back. Maybe it'll loosen up as the day goes on, and I can still get a few sets in tonight."

Anonymous said...

Right, I read that part. I'm basically asking if they're loosening up at all. ;)

Kevin A. said...

No, not yet.