3.21.2007

Ow.

OK, this isn't good.

My left shoulder is killing me. When I lift it to the front or my side, it feels like it catches on something, and pops. It's not the arthritis-type pain I had last week. No, that would be better, actually.

It doesn't feel like something that was a direct result of the pushups, especially since I've done way more pushups in a week than I did last week, and never had an issue with it. Granted, all my pushups were real last week, adding on a good bit of weight.

Point being, I'm not able to use the left arm to do much more than pick my daughter up out of her crib, and even that hurt.

So, what do I do?

I'll tell you.

I'll KILL with my diet. I've eaten 100% clean for three days now (though protien bars may not qualify as clean to some), and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Especially since I can't do much besides walking - which we're doing every night. I'm talking fish, chicken, turkey, apples, carrots, whole grains, lowfat milk - I'm doing well.

And I'm seeing the diet-related weight loss on the scale. I had somehow gotten back to the 316-318 range on my daily weigh-ins, and I'm now back down to the 314-315 range for the last two days.

So, until the shoulder feels better, I'll keep zig-zagging (my last three days: 2,100, 1800, 2300), and only putting the best of the best in my body. I'll also keep going on the nightly walks with the wife and kids.

And if the shoulder doesn't feel better soon, I'm off to see the doc. I'm not playing around with it. I have goals to hit, and no time to waste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good plan! I especially like the part about daily walks. ;)

Rob Tucker said...

Sounds like you're on the right line. Keep the diet strong, and be careful with the shoulder. You can do permanent damage if you're not careful. Keep us updated, Kev.