3.30.2007

Clarification Time

Quickly from yesterday:

I'm very thankful for the time I have with my two girls. I love being here to see them learn things and develop. I love having that extra time. But my issue is that I'm a man, and I don't feel like one most of the time.

My duties (pardon the pun) are to change diapers, make bottles, and pick up the living room. I do this while my wife is out earning our only income. Now, I'm not too old fashined to think that Becky should only be cooking dinner and washing clothes while I go hunt the Mammoth to feed the family. But I do feel that I should be contributing more than I am right now.

Unfortunately for me, this is the only place I fit in - as a stay-at-home-dad. The truth is, even if I found work, it would have to pay me enough to get us a second car, daycare, extra gas and insurance, and leave enough left over for us to start getting ahead.

It's a tough position.

I never said or even implied I have nothing to be thankful for. What I said was, I can't expect to get comments about my weight because I don't see anybody except my two kids pretty much all week. As far as getting weight-loss compliments goes, I'm at a disadvantage.

OK, enough of that.

I went back to my zig-zag yesterday after having three days that were pretty similar - inadvertantly. My reward this morning was a weigh-in that floated between 309.5 and 310. I'm not greedy, so I'll go with 310. Now, because of the stupid 313's that popped up, my 5-day stayed the same today. And even if I'm 310 again tomorrow, it's going to go up a little bit. But, as soon as those 313's drop off, I'll be in pretty good shape for my run to 299.

I've decided I'm going to go see a Dr. about my shoulder after I get paid next. The pain comes and goes, but it's here more than it's not. It's gonna make it hard for me to get to 260 with one arm.

That's about it for today. TGIF, and here's to hoping that the weekend is better than the week. It's been a long one.

1 comment:

Rob Tucker said...

I went on my rant in your last blog before reading this one, so let me go on another rant ;)

First off, I understand what you mean about 'feeling like a man'. But I see someone who supports their family as a stay at home dad as just that.

It just seems like you're depending on people's comments too much. I can't sit back and act like it's not a good feeling, but as God as my witness, the person that makes the difference when she notices my weight loss - that's my wife.

I know you want the icing on the cake - but even without the icing, you need to be proud of what you're doing. You could find every excuse in the book, but you don't.

Don't let the silly things get you down - you are doing great.