3.16.2007

Entering the Big Time

So, let's go over some things this morning.

First, I feel good enough to start working out again, finally. The cough is still nagging, but I've just decided to push through it and work out, anyway. If the cough hangs on, I'll consider seeing the Doc.

Second, I'm over 31 pounds lost since Thanksgiving of 2006. And even with a weigh-in of 316.5 again today, my average dropped another tenth to 315.7.

Third, I'm expecting to start seeing some major changes in the next several weeks. When you have 100 pounds of fat that need to come off, it's going to be a while until you see any major changes besides a shrinking belly (see pics below). But when you get into the 50-60 pound range, there's less of the nasty stuff to cover the new muscles you're building, so the improvements become easier to see.

Billy started out having to lose 70 pounds, and his physical improvements have been very noticeable since his third or fourth week. For the rest of us, we're just starting to come into that range where the changes move from "Hey, looking better" to "wow, that's amazing!"

So I now have roughly 55 pounds to go to get to my goal weight of 260. Even then, I'll still need to take a few vanity pounds off to get the body I really want. And while I'm not trying to be a 3% body fat Men's Health cover boy, I do want to be a strong, fit, imposing figure.

I want to be a guy who people look at and think "damn, wouldn't wanna meet him in a dark alley." I want to be the guy who people think of when they want a force down low on their team when playing basketball. I want to be the guy who people look at and say "dude, show me how you got that chest." I want to be a 6' 8", 260-pound tower of power.

I expect to see that guy taking shape over the next 8 weeks.




No, not THAT big

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

That picture looks photoshopped.. but it's still pretty funny.

I like your goals. I've always felt self-centered when I've thought the same things.. "I want to look impressive, I want others to be impressed", but that's life. That's how it is, and it's good to see it.

Go kick some ass, Kev. Can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Kevin, you're SOOO selfish! How dare you want to be in shape to look good?? ;)

There are many reasons to want to be in shape. I know you've got deeper, more meaningful reasons and, quite honestly, even if you didn't, so what? Whatever gets you healthy and in shape, right?

You're getting there. Keep up the great work.

By the way, folks. Kevin pushed himself with pushups and situps tonight...with a cough and horrible headache. I think that deserves a big F.A.T. pat on the back!

(Ok, I admit, the F.A.T. part was cheesy.)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and never NEVER look like the guy in the pic. One word comes to mind: Uuuuuggghghghhhh!!!