3.24.2007

Doing Things Right

Just a quickie today, as nobody reads this blog on the weekends, anyway.

I've been living the 100% perfect life for the past week, now. While I haven't been able to do the type of excercise I want to do because of my shoulder, I've been staying active - playing more with my kids, cleaning the house hard and fast, taking nightly walks, etc. I've been eating 100% clean for six days. And when I say 100%, I mean 100%. I've been drinking my 64 ounces of water each day, something I hadn't done up until this last week.

What have I seen as my payment for this new focus and effort?

Well, how about one of my best weight-loss weeks to date?

As of right now, I have taken 2.5 pounds off of my 5-day average since Monday, with two more days to go. My weigh-in last Monday was 316.5. Today, I tipped the scales at an amazing 311. I can't honestly tell you when I was this close to 310 last. I'm guessing it's been roughly four years.

Even though I've not been doing my ideal workouts, I haven't felt this good in years. The weight is coming off, I'm more active (I haven't sat in front of the TV before the kids were in bed once this week), I'm eating great, I'm drinking my water...it's perfect. And I'm proud of myself.

I know how my body works. I once lost 60 pounds in a little over four months simply adding a little excercise into my routine of crappy eating. Once my body decides it wants to change, it changes. Quickly. That's what it's doing now.

I have two more days to go to hit 310 on the scale. When I made the goal on Monday, it seemed lofty, at best. But now it looks like I could actually do it - as soon as tomorrow.

Man, this is fun, again. I wish I would have been doing this all along.

Editor's Note:

The writer of this piece ate at Tokyo Joe's last night (don't worry - chicken breast over brown rice), a place where he needs to sit at a table, because the booths are too "snug". Well, last night, Mr. Antcliff sat in a booth. He was comfy. He had room to spare. He's happy about that.

3 comments:

Carl said...

Everything sounds good.

I just wanted to say that contrary to your belief, at least one person read your entry

Rob Tucker said...

Make that two.

I LOVE that feeling of sitting in a booth. I haven't been able to do that in years.. and I've been recently spotted in them too. Awesome work, Kev.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to everything above :)