3.10.2007

Back On The Court

Gonna keep this one short today.

First, weighed in at 315 again, taking my average to 316.5 - a new low for me.

Second, Beck and I got rid of the kids last night, and headed to the Pepsi Center to watch the Pistons beat up on the Nuggets. Good times. (Side note: I'll be buying a #84 Webber jersey soon.)

Third, I played basketball today for the first time in over two years. It's sad that it's been that long, but it felt great to be back. And while I was a little rusty, I could tell I still had some game in these bones somewhere.

Becky was my only competition, and since this was her fifth time playing basketball - ever - I handled her easily. Even so, she is a quick learner, and should be able to master the up-fake and jab-step in no time. She's a born spot shooter.

Calorie Count says one hour of shooting baskets burns 1,152 calories, but I don't believe that for a second. Even so, it got my heart pumping, I worked up a sweat, and it got me out from in front of the TV.

Still, this damn cough won't leave me alone. I didn't cough while playing, but I haven't stopped since. It's killing me. I'm starting to think I'm just going to have to work out through the cough, and see if I can sweat it out. As irritating as that may be, it might be the only way to get rid of this thing.

That's all for now. Folks, I'm only a hair over 16 pounds from getting out of the 300's for good. That's enough to motivate a guy.

1 comment:

Rob Tucker said...

You have to love the feeling of getting back on the court. I've been wanting to do this for a while. Very cool.