3.14.2007

Fluctuations v2.0

My body is screwed up.

I weigh in 315, and I follow it with a 317. Then I hit another 315, and follow that up with a 316.5. Then a 318, followed by a 315 and another 316.5. It's all over the place. I even had a 320 in there, but I proceeded to use the restroom, and a 316.5 made itself known, instead.

Even with all of the up and down, my average dropped to 316.0 today, a new low. It's confusing, but I'll take it. I will need to get my weights back down under 316 starting tomorrow, or the weight average will start creeping back up. Don't want that.

This cough is STILL hanging on. I do ANYTHING that gets my heart rate up, and the hacking starts up again. Thing is, it's JUST the cough. I'm not sneezing, my eyes don't burn, I'm not achy. When I'm not coughing, it's all good. I just really need to shake this thing, and soon.

As for my workouts, I'm thinking of trying something a little crazy when I feel better. I'm considering doing a workout consisting only of pushups and situps for four weeks. I'll also toss some basketball and maybe some running in during the week. The plan would be to do two sets of as many pushups and situps as I can do twice a day, adding on 2-3 of each every week. So, if I can do 10 pushups and 15 situps this week, my goal would be to do 12 and 17 next week. Then 15 and 19, and 17 and 21. This would be in effort to get into "Academy Shape" by 6/10. I know it won't be a great total body workout, but the pushup works so many muscle groups, and my lower body would be getting lots of work with hoops amd running, I feel like I could pull it off. I already know that pushups do big things for me.

That's about it for now. I think Beck and I will be posting our new pics tonight, so drop back by and check it out - if you dare. Beck should also post one of her flexing her upper body. It's pretty impressive.

Have a good day, all.

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

A 3.5 pound turd?

I'm impressed, man.

billy said...

I've had a cough thing as well, it's annoying. In the morning I hack up a lung, and then throughout the day just a mild cough now and then. Been going on 2 weeks, and it's definitely annoying. Maybe it's time to see a doc?

Pushup/situp thing sounds cool, but you may want to add more variation. There's tons of bodyweight exercises you can do, even just variations of pushups, crunches, etc. I understand your desire for simplicity, though.

Kevin A. said...

I'm considering doing straight PU's and SU's for a month, then switching to a modified version of each for the next few weeks, and switching again to get me through 6/10 for the Academy goal.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see what your new plan does for you. Maybe switching it up will jumpstart your system and the 315's will start becoming a distant memory. Regardless, you're getting back to the active level and that's always a good thing!