3.01.2007

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

First, a quick job update.

The interview went pretty well. They were impressed with my work history, to the point that they implied this position was beneath me. But, as I explained, while it may be a step back from some of the jobs I've had, it's a step forward from where I am now.

They'll interview until early next week, and let me know.

It's not my ideal job, but it's work that I can handle, and could possibly enjoy. So, we'll see.

Now, on to a few other things.

>> In my interview, I felt somehow different. Usually, I feel like this big fat guy that nobody else in the room could possibly respect. But yesterday, I wore a shirt that was big on me now, and that I could barely button a matter of five months ago. I, besides being sick, felt like the strong, intimidating 6' 8" figure I want to be. I felt good. It was nice, because it's a feeling I haven't had in some time.

>> Following Rob's lead, allow me to go back over some numbers. I had a 2-week plateau from the end of January to the middle of February. For those weeks, my average barely moved from the 324-325 area. Still, as I look back over the three months I've really been fighting this, I've lost an average of 9.3 pounds per month. What that tells me is this: Even though I'm not being perfect in this transformation, I've made enough major changes in my life to see some amazing results. I was so bad before, that even a few diet and activity improvements have begun to change my life. I know I'll have to pick this up a notch, soon. But until then, I feel good.

>> My next goal was to hit 315 on the scale. My diet has been great the last several days, and today, I came close to hitting it - albeit two weeks late. I weighed in at 315.5 this morning. That's some major motivation to be good and try to be a little more active today. Tomorrow would be a good day to hit a goal.

>> I'm still sick, and it's starting to piss me off. This cold will not let go of me, and I'm starting to worry about the cough. If I'm not better by early next week, I'll go see a doctor. I can't afford to take any more time off. Just in case, the diet gets extra attention.

>> Lastly, if I can keep on my diet and lose .7 more pounds, it'll put me over the 30 pound mark since November 23rd. That will place me at 30% of my total weight loss goal, and 34% of my modified goal, set when I weighed 347. Come a long way, but got a long way to go.

Also, Denver will be sunny and in the 60's this weekend, which means I'll be trying to get outside and play some basketball.

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

That's great news all around. The 9 pounds a month is a good safe number, and is a good sign of continuous success.

I loved reading about the confidence in the interview room. That's what I'm aiming for to, and I'm starting to get a taste of it. It's a long way from where we want to be, but it's starting to get a little farther away from where we were, so kudos on that.

Here's to a great March!

billy said...

That's awesome- the confidence thing is huge. I've been noticing it myself, I feel like the ladies are starting to look at me a little differently. The gents too, but who cares about them ;)

Really I think it's that our "Outer fat" success has helped change the way our "Inner fat" feels about itself. That, and we look better ;)

Anyway, that's great, no better feeling than that. Good luck with the job!

Anonymous said...

You're doing great. I know how your diet used to be...four double cheeseburgers and fries in one sitting, a box of Little Debbies, entire batches of cookies...I could go on. You've made incredible strides toward a healthier lifestyle and you're reaping the benefits.

Now, I've got to lecture you. DRINK MORE WATER, dammit!! I guarantee you that if you drink more water, you'll flush that cold right out of your system. I'm not talking about carbonated water or the water that's in fruit juice. plain ol' water. I'm telling you, that's one of the best ways to get rid of a cold.

Rob Tucker said...

Nag! Nag! Nag!

(she's right though) :)