2.12.2007

324.4

It seems as though my body likes it here.

Today, I'm 324.4. Seven days ago, I was 324.5. Ten days ago, I was 324. Thirteen days ago, I was 323.9.

It could be worse, I could be going up the chart, not holding steady. I understand that, but it doesn't make this any more annoying. My goal was to hit 320 at least once by this morning, but my lowest weigh-in over the last week was 323. And let's not even talk about hitting 315 by Thursday.

I worked out HARD while moving massive toolboxes and workbenches on Saturday. So much so, that by the time I got home that afternoon, I was done with life for the day. I hopped on the couch, and it was over. The next time I moved, I was moving into the bedroom. Several times while working out, I was referred to as one of the "strong ones", where I used to just be called the "big one". At one point, I and another guy were carrying a ginormous toolbox. He had his end with two hands, grunting and huffing. I had my end with one hand, and I was doing modified rows with it as we walked to the truck. I don't know who it was, but I heard somebody say "Geez, Kevin's got his end with one hand!"

Small victories wherever you can find them, I guess.

On a down note, I'm headed back to Michigan - the site of my last self-destructive period - and I'm nervous about food and exercise. My dad has no weights, or any access to weights, and he told us yesterday that it's going to be below zero windchills all week - so outdoor activity will be a no go. Beck will be with me this time - to keep me on track - but I know that good foods will be at an absolute minimum this weekend. It's going to be a challenge.

So, the name of the blog doesn't change - which is bad.
But it's not up at all - which is good.

I'm wary about setting any goals for myself this week, as I have yet to hit any of them on time. Still, if you don't have a destination, you're just roaming. This isn't a good week to roam.

My Goal for The Week:

Weigh in at 319.5 or less at least once by 2-19

6 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Yet again we mirror each other, but I'll report on that later today.

As for being in Michigan, I never asked the first time. Where abouts?

Kevin A. said...

Grand Rapids, baby!

billy said...

OK big-boy, reality check time.

You need to be able to adapt your healthy lifestyle to your surroundings. It's all too easy to throw up your hands and say "There's no healthy food here and no way to exercise!"

Find healthy food. Still can't? Then eat less. Try to eat just meat and vegetables. Control your portions. Drink only water and tea. Hell, bring some stuff with you!

As for exercise- check out this site, it's where I got some of the ideas for my bodyweight calisthetics routine.
http://www.organic-fitness.com/bodyweightcalisthenics.htmlYou can get a GREAT workout just doing these (there are links at the bottom of the page for example exercises).

The point is this: conditions will not always be optimal. You bring your healthy attitude with you, and you'll do fine. Don't use it as an excuse!

Good luck buddy... You can do it!

Kevin A. said...

Hey, I said it would be challenge. Never said I couldn't smoke it.

It'll be a tough weekend, but I have no intention of failing again.

Anonymous said...

We're going to rock this weekend out. You're going to rock that number on the scale. Maybe it's time to change things up. Maybe you should start incorporating cardio even though the options aren't ideal. We're going down and nothing is going to get in the way!!

Rob Tucker said...

Jump Rope.

You can get one cheap, and the cardio implications are awesome. Just a thought :)