2.09.2007

Time to Man (or woman) Up, F.A.T.


First, it was Billy. Slowly adding a few tenths to his weight each day for a week-ish. Next thing you know, he's back up almost a pound.

Then Rob. Poor guy's been stuck on 332 for what seems like a month, now. Seriously! Let the dude hit 329! Is it too much to ask??

How about Beck? Her last six weigh-ins have been 197, 197, 197, 195, 197 and 198.

And then there's me. Before I left for Michigan, I was at my lowest weight (322), and my lowest 5-day (323.5). Then I made some bad decisions, and my last 5 weights were 325.5, 325, 324, 325 and 325.

Rob's been talking about that wall for a few days now. It seems like we're all standing in front of one. I know we're all trying to break through it. But if you can't quite break through, find another way around. Climb it. Walk until you find where it ends. Rent a chopper and fly over. Bring in some C-4 and blow the bitch up.

I don't know about you guys, but I've come too far to start getting pissed or annoyed that I've hit a plateau. Is it frustrating? Hell, yes. But frustration never got me to drop to a knee.

I've been thinking about boxing a lot lately (anybody near Denver want to give me lessons?), and it reminds me that this weight loss is a 12-round Rocky vs. Apollo type of fight. It's going to go the distance, and we're going to get our faces pounded now and then. Yes, we'll get knocked down.

And, yes, we'll keep getting back up.

Guys, we're only in the third round here. We have a long way to go. This fight is just beginning. It's up to each one of us to take it one round - one punch - at a time.

So, "Apollo" (that's what I'm calling my fat today), hang around if you'd like. But know this: Your days are numbered.

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

What a great picture, it fits the title perfectly.

It's funny, because you're like me. I related EVERYTHING to Rocky. It's kind of funny. I work out to about 10 Rocky Soundtrack songs, when I'm running I close my eyes and envision myself running through the snow in Rocky IV.. it's almost an obsession.

billy said...

Yup. It almost seems like plateaus are pre-programmed into our bodies, and after about the same amount of time losing weight, we all hit them. I guess it's somewhat comforting to know that we're all going through them, makes it a little less frustrating, anyway...

Just keep your head down and keep going...

Anonymous said...

The thing I notice, though, is the scale won't budge, but we're all noticing improvements in other areas. There are noticeable differences in Billy's and my pictures, Kevin's measurements are dropping and rising in all the right places (that sounds kinda perverted...but c'mon! Get your minds out of the gutter!), Rob is fitting into clothes that haven't fit for a year...

The number on the scale is like the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz. It looks big, bad and intimidating, but in reality, it's just a little thing trying to scare the crap out of us.

All of you guys are doing great! Don't let the number discourage you. (I know, easier said than done!) ;)