2.07.2007

Finally Motivated?

Weigh in: 324 (-1)
Current 5-Day: 324.5 (NA)

I've been severely lacking in the motivation department the past few days. I've been tired and depressed, I've felt defeated concerning certain areas of my life, and the kids have not helped in the least.

It's been tough to get going. My last workout was a joke. I gave 50% for half the routine, then I quit.

And then Becky posted her most recent pictures.

Not only does she look great, on her way to looking amazing, but you could see the excitement in her eyes and hear it in her voice. She made a great stride, and it made her feel - deservingly - proud of what she had done.

Seeing her results and her reaction to them made me want what she had. I had already forgotten what that feeling was like.

So, today's workout and diet are going to be amazing. This is going to be a good day.

Thanks to Beck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about the pictures, but the feeling I get when I read about your motivation as a result far surpasses that excitement!

I know you've been feeling defeated with your workout. Life has kind of gotten in the way lately. But you're still doing great. You're aware of your position, you're getting back up. That's the key. We keep saying it over and over again: you don't until you stop trying to get back up.

Kick ass with your workout today. I know you will. I think the two sets three times throughout the day will be good for you. Not only are you changing up your routine, but you're doing what works with your demanding schedule.

Keep up the great work!

Rob Tucker said...

Being able to look at ourselves in the mirror and know that our workouts are half-assed without making excuses about it is what we need to do.

If you get knocked to your knees, stand back up. There's nothing wrong with a weakness, as long as you defeat it!