2.26.2007

OK, NOW We Can Question My Weight Loss

Still sick as a dog. This cough, man. It's a killer. It's one of those headache-inducing, lung-upping, honks. I am not amused.

So, besides my quick walk on Saturday, and a little playful wrestling with Becky yesterday (perverts), I still haven't worked out. I also haven't been very hungry. I'm only eating two meals a day, and one of them is only a few bites. I just only feel like eating in waves when I'm like this.

Unfortunately for me, my eating wave took out a medium pizza.

My non-eating wave only managed a few tablespoons of turkey chili.

Then we had some graham crackers. With frosting.

For the record, it was a conscious decision to eat something bad. Beck and I agreed to do it, accepting the consequences. It just sounded so stinkin' good. And it was.

So, as we weighed in this morning, we BOTH found ourselves two pounds down from where we were yesterday. TWO POUNDS. There is no way on earth I should have weighed in at 316 today. I just don't see how it's possible. And I got up and down on that scale several times to see if the number waffled, but it stood strong at 316 - 316.5.

So, feel free to question my weight-loss this morning. God knows I am.

I still feel like horse poo, but I'm going to try to get some push-ups or something in at some point today. I know I need it, nomatter what this freaking scale tells me.

3 comments:

billy said...

Dude, If you're sick, you really should skip the workouts till you're better.

When I got sick, I didnt workout for a week, just paid attention to my diet, and I ended up losing about 3 pounds that week.

When you're sick, your body is working overtime to fight the sickness. It needs all the energy you give it (within reason).

So if I were you, I wouldnt feel bad about not working out. You have to do what is best for your body.

PS- this sounds like bad news!
"Beck and I agreed to do it, accepting the consequences" Don't enable each other!

Kevin A. said...

Oh, it WAS bad. We know that. Moment of weakness.

Rob Tucker said...

I was just reading Josh's post on the Shift boards talking about taking breaks. He had mentioned that he just told a client of his to stop working out for a week.

Sometimes the body needs a rest, and sometimes it rewards you.

Sometimes.

If pizza makes you lose 2 pounds again though, I'm calling delivery.