2.27.2007

"Ah, Mr. 320. I've Been Expecting You."

As nice as it's been to see so many sub-320 days on the scale, I've fully expected that number to pop up again at some point.

Well, today was the day.

I think part of it is water weight, as my wedding ring feels pretty snug, and I haven't been drinking much water the past few days. Also, I'm sure that the less-than-acceptable diet has to catch up to me at some point. Again, calorically speaking, I'm staying well under my BMR, but I'll be the first to admit that some of the foods I'm eating are just empty calories.

I still feel crappy, though not as crappy as yesterday, so I think I'm on the down side of this sickness. Hopefully I can finally get back to pushing some weight around soon. It's probably a good sign that I miss it.

On another note, I've been struggling with stress lately. Not just "stress" but "STRESS". I can't go into too much detail here, but we'll just say that my job is at risk, which will put my family at risk. For those that don't recall my original post, THIS IS WHY I'm going through this challenge in the first place. I can't let my family repeat any of the hell we've been through over the last five years.

And it's not as simple as "get a new job". There are many other issues wrapped up in this one. We only have one car, we'd need to find a nanny for the kids, we'd have extra gas and insurance bills...you get the idea.

I get sick to my stomach just thinking about all of this.

I have a job interview on Wednesday, the same day my other job is likely going to be screwed with. So, tomorrow is a big day.

Today, I focus on my foods.

I'll worry about tomorrow later.

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

When your job gets put into crisis, it feels like your whole world can crumble.. especially with kids in the picture. Good luck on the interview, and remember that I place jobs for companies all over the country as part of my job.

If you want, I can skim through Careerbuilder to find any jobs that might fit qualifications. Just let me know?

billy said...

That sucks. I don't know a lot about your situation, but I'm sure it's not easy. It could also spell disaster for your health, if you let it.

You've said you're an emotional eater, and this is one of those times when eating might seem like a good way to alleviate your stress. All you can do is recognize it, and try to head it off at the pass.

Anonymous said...

Billy's right. You don't have to let the stress (as big as it is) get the best of you. You're better than that. You're stronger than that. The saying continues: This is a lifestyle transformation. Unfortunately, stress on all levels is a part of life. You've been there before, so you can look in your 'rear view mirror', see why and where you went wrong and not allow yourself to get back to where you started weight-wise. Just because it happened before doesn't mean you have to let it happen again.

You're a different man now, Kevin. Don't let your past hold you hostage. ;)