7.05.2007

Foot Update


Well, after sleeping on it, I have realized that my foot freaking hurts. I am taking this to mean that my foot would greatly appreciate me not using it for activities such as jogging, running football routes, taking long walks, or standing on it for an extended period of time.

That kind of limits my activities, huh?

Now I'm not sure what to do. Running is out. Walks are leaning towards out. No money for a gym (pool!) membership. Same with boxing.

Finding that bike sure would be a good thing right now.

We're going to go to a local pawn shop that sells bikes tonight. Hopefully we'll get lucky and find a big boy bike.

Sometimes it sucks being 6' 8".

3 comments:

billy said...

That sucks man. Have you looked on craigslist.com for a bike in your area?

Regardless, there are exercises you can do, so just figure out what they are, and do em.

Anonymous said...

If anyone can overcome this obstacle, it's you. You've lost over 60 pounds with nothing more than a counter, a sidewalk, boxing gloves, a 26-lb kid and a 36-lb kid. (BTW, that's not a typo for the rest of you...our 9-month-old is in fact 26 pounds!)

Anyway, yeah, it totally sucks that you're not having much (ok, ok, ANY) luck in the cardio field, but we'll get it figured out eventually. Until then, keep doing what you've been doing. Eat smart and use the resources you have.

Kristen said...

I've been thinking about filling an empty milk jug with water and using it as a makeshift medicine ball type thing. I couldn't believe when I saw a 10 lb medicine ball was $40 at Dunhams.