7.17.2007

Soooooo Close

Weigh In: 290.0 (new low!)
4-Day: 291.5

Got up, jumped on the scale, got a 291.0, then realized I had to "use the bathroom." I used said bathroom, and jumped back up on the scale. Got a 290.0. I felt excited, yet frustrated. To get that close to a somewhat big goal is painful. Close, but not close enough.

Well, as I was getting dressed, and preparing to start the day, I realized I had a little left in the tank, if you know what I mean. So, back in I went, forcing out what little remained. Thinking I may have gotten rid of another .2, I jumped back up on the scale, only to see the 290.0 again.

So, the goal will have to wait another day, it seems.

Still, I'm pretty happy. This puts me down 4.4 pounds since Friday. That's not too shabby, especially since I had no time for my bike ride yesterday. I'm working two jobs simultaneously - three if you count the two kids - so anything besides work/responsibility has to wait until after the hours of 7am and 6pm. Last night we had to head right out the door after dinner for a meeting with my boss, and that lasted until 9:15pm. So, it wasn't going to happen.

Still, I was all over my diet - eating 100% clean, and I was able to see another pound come off. I guess I'll stop complaining about the .2, and look at the big picture.

I'm back on track.

2 comments:

billy said...

nice work, man.

you might want to relax though- when you're in the bathroom trying to "force a little more out" you may be treading in dangerous water...

Obviously going to the bathroom doesn't make you lose any fat, but I know where you're coming from ;)

Kevin A. said...

"force" was a poor choice of words. I let it happen naturally, though I may ask it to hurry so I don't have to stay there too long.

This is a disturbing conversation.