7.16.2007

Hidden Fat, My REAL Weight Goal, Visualization

Weigh In: 291.0 (lowest ever!)
3-Day: 292.0


This is my third day in a row with a nice weight loss, and I am very excited about that. Since I reset this whole thing on Friday, I've been all over this 'weight loss' thing. The diet, if anything, has been too good. I had to cheat last night to get my calories up to the 2,400 range. My last three days were 1,600+, 1,800+, and then around 2,450 last night. I need to get the calories up before my body starts conserving my fatness.

We've all talked about the fact that once we hit our original weight goals, there's a great chance we're going to need to re-evaluate and take some more poundage off. Well, I've known that for a while, but I think it's starting to sink in just how far I have to go, still.

I have about 32 pounds to go to get to my original goal of 260, which is what I weighed when I met Becky six years ago. As I look at myself in the mirror, or rub my big, ol belly, I have to think that I probably have most of that 32 pounds hanging above my belt buckle. If I were to totally get rid of my belly 32 pounds from now, I'd be a happy man. A) I don't think I can, B) That leaves a lot of fat that others might not see.

You all know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the little hangy stuff under your arm, up by your pit. I'm talking the little pouch on the pubic bone. I'm talking the upper thighs, just south of Crotch Land. I can't estimate fat weight by looking or jiggling, but I've got to assume that I have another 10 pounds - at least - that is hiding in my crooks and crevices.

So, I'm thinking 245 is more along the lines of where I need to be when this is all over. I was 239 in college, but I was a bean pole. I didn't work out at all, so I honestly looked anorexic. I know I have more lean mass now than I did then, and as I continue working, I'll build more. I'm hoping 245 looks good on me.

But how good? Billy and others were talking about visualizing yourself with the body you want to have, and I've been thinking about it a little since then. The truth is, I have NO idea.

Many of the FAT members have seen this, but I used to want to look like former NFL player and pro wrestler Bill Goldberg. Dude's just a big muscle.

And while that's all good and fine, I think he might be TOO muscular for me. I don't want to look like a pro wrestler, but I wanna look like I could be one if I wanted to.

Really, my only visualization shows me in a form-fitting Under Armour shirt, and having it look good. Pretty simple, I know, but check this commercial out, and you'll see WHY I want to end up where this guys are (-ish).

2 comments:

billy said...

I hear you, man. I've been looking at all that "hidden fat" and trying to estimate pound-wise how much it is. It's really difficult! I think it's one of those things we won't know till we get there. For now, I'm gunning for 190. After that? 185. If I still have hidden fat? 180. And so on. All you can do is keep trying to lose that next pound...

Ripx180 said...

Nice exercise in visualization! I think seeing and knowing what you want is key. I would take a body like one of those wide receivers. Lean but cut :) something I have never been.