7.26.2007

For the Record...

I just want everybody to be on the same page.

Long walks and runs/jogs of any length are out, as my foot does not handle the stress well, anymore. I'm guessing years of carrying around 300+ pounds after two major surgeries has taken its toll. With my bike broken, the pool is my best bet.

And I wasn't exaggerating when I said that my spare time with two kids and two jobs allows me, at best, to make lunch or hit the bathroom.

As for making time, I think you all know me better than that by now. If I felt there were time, I'd take it. If I could get up at 6 and hit the pool while Beck was getting ready, I'd be all over it. But the pool is closed until 10am, and I am obviously busy during that time.

Could I have left people hanging and gone swimming this week? Yep. But that's not who I am. I had a scheduled phone call with my new boss. I told a person coming to buy a chair I'd wait for him. I wanted to keep the kids out of Beck's hair while she worked so she wouldn't get frustrated, and could get her stuff done. For better or worse, I'm an "others first" guy. If I feel that somebody else needs my help, helping them becomes the priority.

Last night, Becky said that can be a fault for me sometimes, too. Maybe she's right. But if I feel people need me, or are relying on me, I don't want to give them any reason to doubt my ability to meet those needs.

I'm just rambling, I guess. I just wanted everybody to know where I am, and that I'm not looking for excuses. Everybody's advice is appreciated, and I wish it were just as simple as "make time", "go walk", "make it happen", etc.

Right now, it's not.

Anyway, in the midst of all of this, I hit a new low of 288.8 this morning. Something to build on, I guess.

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Just trying to help, man.

Kevin A. said...

I'm not being pissy. I just want people to understand that it's not as simple as "find the time." I wish it were.

billy said...

Glad to hear about the new low- that's definitely something to build on.

Maybe taking a different perspective will help.

Ok, so we know your limitations and what you can't do.

What CAN you do?

Maybe looking at it from that perspective will help.