7.03.2007

Pending

I'm not weighing myself again for another hour. I refuse.

Here's the deal: My calories were perfect yesterday. I ate clean, and I came in roughly 200 calories under my target of 2,406. Now, I DID have too many carbs. I had a piece of whole wheat lasagna for lunch, and we had whole wheat spaghetti (with turkey meatballs! Mmm!) for dinner. There's a lot of carbs in Italian food, even if they are good carbs.

But would the carbs make me gain almost TWO FREAKING POUNDS from yesterday? I have a hard time believing that. Yet, my scale read 295.4 this morning.

I'll weigh again in an hour. Maybe I'll lose some weight in the restroom.

Or maybe my body has just decided that 2,400 calories just isn't going to cut it, anymore.

I don't know, but STILL being in the 290's is starting to get frustrating.

3 comments:

billy said...

Relax, guy!

We both know you didn't gain 2 pounds of fat, and that you are a big fluctuator. So, just ride it out.

Also, I wonder if the fact that you weigh more has an affect on the scale, like maybe your scale isn't quite as precise at higher weights? That's assuming you're using a non-balance beam scale. Just a thought.

Rob Tucker said...

Yeah, don't beat yourself up over it (said the king of beating himself up over it).

I gained 8 pounds for no good reason last week - the body's going to do what it's going to do.

We are all guilty of taking that daily weigh in and taking it way too seriously.. just remember, it's only 2 pounds, and it'll come right off. It does sound like you packed on the carbs (and sodium - there I go again), so at least you know that there's a source for it.

Kevin A. said...

It's not so much the 2 pounds up as it is the STILL in the 290's. I only lost 4 pounds in June after taking out almost 10 in May. I was hoping to be 285 (283 if you count the Challenge) by the end of the month, and that looks VERY unlikely at this point.

Just frustrating.