5.23.2007

Don't Panic. Deep Breaths.

OK, so, yeah.

I'm up another .2 pounds today, weighing in at 302.6.

That means I've put 1.2 pounds on in the last four days, although my 5-Day is still dropping - a little.

Other than my one, bad night, I've been eating fine. But we've been so buried that we haven't been able to spar or head out for walk/jog sessions.

So, I'm not hitting the panic button quite yet, but the cover is off, and it's on stand-by. I CANNOT let myself keep going in the wrong direction. I just can't. Life is messed up right now, and my weight may be the only thing I can control, so I plan on controlling it.

Hopefully the rain will hold off tonight, and I can hit the trails for a little while. Anything will help at this point.

5 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Kev..

You're making excuses. "Life is busy", "I don't have time", "Eating has been great EXCEPT..."

I say this as your friend.

You have to buckle down. Your body is giving you the results you're earning.

Eat right. Workout.

It'll happen, man. I know how frustrating being SOOOO close is. Don't let your body and schedule dictate your life. YOU dictate it.

You're so close man. Fight for it. Trust me, it's worth it.

Kevin A. said...

Trust me, it's not excuses. I'd like nothing more than to have the extra time and focus right now. Our lives are kind of in a shambles, to be honest. Going for a walk just isn't the priority.

Rob Tucker said...

Sorry, I didn't realize everything going on. I just read about the chinese food, the sesame chicken.. those things, and you can control those things.

I can't get into your shoes, so I hope I'm not being a prick about this, I just want to see you hit 299, and when I see these food choices, I cringe.

And I cringe out of personal experience, because what you're going through right now, I just went through myself. Just want to see you hit this out of the park.

Kevin A. said...

The chicken was just one meal in the last week. Everything else has been just about 100% clean. Like I said, it was a calculated risk to fire my metabolism up a little more. It just backfired.

My food's been fine besides that one night.

The problem is time and focus for my workouts. My family comes first, and there isn't much extra time or energy after dealing with home stuff.

Things will look up soon. They always do.

Christopher Evans said...

I understand where you are coming from man. My life is shambles right now as well. I am having trouble buckling down and keeping going and I just started.